Halloween Decorating Ideas
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
Since it's not always so easy to find things here, I found some simple DIY decorating ideas that are possible to make with supplies that are easily found. Check out the ideas and links to tutorials below:
1. Spray paint pumpkins. This is one that I made last year. I took pumpkins and spray painted them black and silver and stacked them on top of each other. I also found some plastic spiders and spray painted a few of them silver. I then glued them onto the pumpkins. So easy! You can view the pumpkins and the rest of the decorations from that party here.
2. I love this idea and have actually done it before. Cut out mice silhouettes from black construction paper and tape them onto your steps. Download the mice templates and see the full tutorial here.
3. Make spooky pinwheels. These would make a fun centerpiece on your dining room table. Make a few and put them in a vase and you have a fun decoration. I'm sure the kids will enjoy making these with you. See the full tutorial here. And if you need striped straws, you can find them in our shop :-).
4. I love these ghostly dresses made out of chicken wire. I wish I had a yard so that I could try this out (I live in an apartment). I think these are great! Follow the link to see the ghost that was also made out of chicken wire and placed in a forest setting. I know I would be very spooked if I saw that while walking in the forest!
5. Wrap your front door with streamers (or maybe even toilet paper would work) and cut out some eyes with regular paper to make a mummy. This would be fun for the trick-or-treaters that come to your door.
6. Make pumpkin and ghost decorations out of balloons. This is an easy one for the kids to make. It would be fun to make a few of these to hang around the house. And as a bonus, they last a lot longer than real pumpkins. You can make these now and they will still be around for Halloween. Here is the tutorial with downloadable printables for the face.
7. These are such cute painted jars. I have lots of spaghetti sauce jars that I could use to make these. It's one of those decorations that are not spooky and I wouldn't mind having around the house for a month. At night, you could put candles inside them. Check out how to make them here.
8. This rat and spider wreath is so creepy, but it's also pretty stylish. Go here to find out how it's done.
I hope you enjoy making some of these projects. I know I'm going to give a few of them a try!
Picture sources: 1. Paper & Party Love | 2. MarthaStewart | 3. Smart School House | 4. Be Different, Act Normal | 5. Honey & Fitz | 6. Catch My Party Blog | 7. Eighteen25 | 8. Catch My Party Blog